Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Run Your Race

We all have a story to tell. This is my story and its about running and how such a simple thing(maybe not at first) can make such a big change or many changes in your life.
A few years ago I was asked by a good friend to come run a 3 Miler race. "Its a fun race", is all I heard. Maybe that is all I wanted to hear. I wanted some fun in my life. Months before this race I lost my oldest brother Jim Jr. to cancer. My father, was fighting cancer. Fun, yeah I needed that and some laughter. My words to my friend was "how hard can it be" Whew 48 minutes later, overdressed for a race, the wrong shoes and having to walk most of it. I found out this sucks, "who does this"! Many runners do, they were at the finish line laughing and of course having that great cold beer that is promised to you for running a race! As I come to the finish line, my husband who said "I will wait for you here", was just about to leave! Instead of him waiting to cheer me on he was wanting another beer. He did cheer for me, took a picure of my "first" race and hugged me. That was the beginning of the many stories I will have to share on here. I do hope to hear from many of you about your story. The running community has become a huge part of me. Such a postive place to be. I may not be the first one across the finish line, and thats okay. I cross the finish line with my arms raised high and celebrate ME!!
To get to the Finish Line, you need to Start!!
Run Your Race,
Kris
No Limits Running

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Amazing how you think something is so hard and I have pushed this starting a blog to the back burner for months. Not any more :)

      Delete
  2. RUN YOUR RACE! Love it!! I added you to my blogroll! :) So exciting. Would love to get together as soon as things start feeling better and talk BLOGGING! :) Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!!! It doesn't matter that I know your story already, I still connect more with you every single time I hear it! Kris, thank you for everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love hearing running stories. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Bekah

    ReplyDelete